Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Of course once you meet richer better educated kenyans the attitude changes and you're pleasantly surprised how nice it is to be treated indifferently. Not in the sense of being ignored but just as another mortal human being.
It's also impressive with what people can be satisfied with. As I mentioned in earlier posts the songs on the radio all sound the same (and with 2 exceptions I'm actually not kidding). Everything is repeated over and over again whether it is tea for breakfast, ugali and suquma for lunch then ghitheri for dinner or even the movies shown at the movie place we sometimes go to. Chuck Norris is a pretty cool guy but after seeing one of his movies once I've had enough unlike all the others around me who forget what the movie really was about the moment we leave. Another funny thing about these movies is that, although not even remotely challenging, I get asked whether Arnold Schwarzenegger is actually real, the 13 meter boa strangeling jenifer lopez exists and listen to a discussion whether a one-eyed monster with 4 arms beating up a man was real or not.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment